Only a few months are left for the biggest soccer game event to start in 2018. The battle to hit the finals are powerful and it showed intense spirit within each team. The qualifying matches showed how the teams like Spain, Germany, Brazil, and Mexico dominated their position in the confederation matches which pave the way for FIFA World Cup. It was just the other way around where it is witnessed that teams like United States, Cameroon, Italy, and the Netherlands missed out their position. There will be eight groups ranging from A to H and in each group, there will be four best teams. From each group, two teams will go forward for the next knock-out stages.
The football fans across the Globe which is millions in number as all set with their prediction as to which team will qualify for the knock out matches from Group A. Another seven months to go to just watch whether all predictions meet the expectations of the viewers or not. The platform for FIFA World Cup 2018 is all set to start within next 1000 days.
FIFA World Cup Group A Teams and Schedule
On 14th June the FIFA World Cup 2018 will be inaugurated with the Group A match between Russia and Saudi Arabia. Russia will be hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2018. Though Russia is not at all a good competitor for FIFA World Cup but being the host team, they might mark a spot in the next round. Other two teams in Group A is Uruguay and Egypt. Uruguay is the best among them and they are finding themselves in a very good and safe position compare to other three teams.
The last match against Brazil, Uruguay showed a very striking performance and thus it is predicted that they might blow away the teams in the next rounds. Egypt was lucky to make a spot in the FIFA 2018 after they defeated Uganda and Ghana. It is after 28 years of long struggle they are in the FIFA World Cup. Not to forget that in the African National Cup Egypt hold the runners-up position. Now all eyes will be on Russia and Egypt as to who will be in the next spot after Uruguay.
Group A consists of:
- It is on 14th of June the first match will be between the host country Russia and Saudi Arabia, the Asian country in Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow and the match will commence from 6:00 pm as per Moscow Timing.
- On 15th June, the second match will be between Uruguay and Egypt in Central Stadium in Yekaterinburg and the match will be at 5:00 pm of the standard time of YEKT.
- On 19th June, the 17th FIFA match will be played between Russia and Egypt in Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg and the game will start from 9:00 am as per MSK timing.
- On 20th June, the 18th FIFA match will be between Uruguay and Saudi Arabia and this will be played at Rostov Arena, Rostov-on-Don. The game will start at 6:00 pm as per the Rostov timing.
- On 25th June, there will be two matches for Group A.
You can find the full schedule for World Cup Russia here.
The First one will be 33rd FIFA match and will be played between Uruguay and Russia at Cosmos Arena, Samara at 6:00 pm and the second match will be the 34th Match which will be played between Saudi Arabia and Egypt and will be played at Volgograd Arena in Volgograd. This match will start at 5:00 pm as per Volgograd timing.
Russia is the host country but due to its poor track record in world football, the team will not be able to mark a spot in the second row. The match on 19th June between Russia and Egypt will clearly decide as to which of these two teams will make a clear cut to the second spot.
Uruguay among all these four are in the best position and it is likely to wait and see the best performance from them. Most likely they will make a clean sweep to the knock-out round. Here one must not forget Egypt which showed remarkable improvement after 28 years with their comeback in World Cup spot.