So finally FIFA officially revealed groups and Schedule for 2018 Russia World Cup. This article gives you complete details about the teams and groups for the upcoming World Cup. You can find a full analysis of each group here. Russia will face Saudi Arabia in the opening match.
Argentina in Group D and Brazil comes in Group E. The draw for the 2018 World Cup ensued on Friday at the Kremlin. This looked as if as excellent a site as any for unveiling important information of significant worldwide interest. Let’s check out more about World Cup 2018 Groups below.
- 1 FIFA World Cup Groups
- 1.1 Analysis of Group A: balance, and a couple of bad teams
- 1.2 Analysis of Group B: a couple of favorites without any guarantees
- 1.3 Analysis of Group C: a dream one for France
- 1.4 Analysis of Group D: the most exciting group, definitely
- 1.5 Analysis of Group E: a fight for a second?
- 1.6 Analysis of Group F: the present champion ought to be pleased
- 1.7 Analysis of Group G: a couple of favorites and a couple of sleepers
- 1.8 Analysis of Group H: is this group the most open
FIFA World Cup Groups
We have eight groups where four teams will include in each group. Get all details below.
- In Group A there is Russia, Egypt, Uruguay, and Saudi Arabia
- In group B there is Spain, Portugal, Iran, and Morocco
- In group C there is Peru, Denmark, France, and Australia
- In group D there is Croatia, Argentina, Nigeria, and Iceland
- In Group E there is Brazil, Costa Rica, Switzerland, and Serbia
- In Group F there is Mexico, Sweden, Germany, and South Korea
- In Group G there is England, Tunisia, Belgium, and Panama
- In Group H there is Colombia, Senegal, Poland, and Japan
Let’s cover and analyze each group in detail below.
Analysis of Group A: balance, and a couple of bad teams
The opening match of the coming World Cup is going to pit Russia vs. Saudi Arabia. The two worst sides of the tournament, going by FIFA rankings. This group is fairly well balanced, however. Uruguay will look forward to making the final 16, though Russia, as well as Egypt, is going to be hopeful of joining them.
Analysis of Group B: a couple of favorites without any guarantees
Portugal, as well as, Spain will be hopeful of making it through, although Morocco isn’t to be undervalued, in a group that has Iran. Finishing as the top team here could prove vital as the knockout round of the tournament develops.
Analysis of Group C: a dream one for France
Had France imagined a model group, it could not have been closer t this. Peru had been amongst the feebler of the 2nd seeds, Australia is without a coach, and Denmark is not likely to give them much trouble. The fight for the second place is expected to be interesting, though.
Analysis of Group D: the most exciting group, definitely
This group is possibly the most carefully balanced, most exciting, and most viable group. Argentina just scraped through, Croatia has ample individual talent, Iceland boasts of an incredible combined strength while Nigeria was, perhaps, the toughest 4th seed to draw. Argentina’s not going to be satisfied at all.
Analysis of Group E: a fight for a second?
Brazil is not going to be nearly as pleased as France, though. Serbia, Costa Rica, and Switzerland are a reasonably kind division for the Tite’s squad. The fight to be with them in the pre-quarters is going to be fascinating as there isn’t a great deal between these three teams.
Analysis of Group F: the present champion ought to be pleased
Just as Brazil and France, Germany does to have anything to grumble about. Though Sweden is a hard-working site, they are limited, and neither of South Korea and Mexico has sufficient quality of derailing the reigning champ.
Analysis of Group G: a couple of favorites and a couple of sleepers
It ought to be a direct shootout among Belgium and France for seeing who can claim the leading spot and, along with it, a supposedly simpler second-round chance. The key advantage of Tunisia and Panama are they both are going to be somewhat unidentified quantities.
Analysis of Group H: is this group the most open
In conjunction with Group A, this group looks to be the most uniformly spread. Poland had been amongst the feeblest top seeds, and Colombia is going to harbor dreams of finishing on top. Senegal and Japan, however, are both going to view the pre-quarters as a real possibility now.